Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Time to leave

I don't know whether the emotional roller coaster has come to a stand still--the last few days have been rush, rush, rush to get everything done, no time to think... Or if this ride is putting me in a hold pattern for a short time so I can really get a sense of the crazy free fall AAAAaaaggghhh! that I'm about to experience.

Either way, it has been nuts the last few days as we gather together every sticky note and every list that is laying around the house. I had to stay quite late at work the last two nights to finish writing all my sub plans. And well, now I'm just naming off stuff that isn't all that fun.

Here's what is! I teach middle school. In the middle school, teachers and kids are frequently teamed together. One of the times that my team meets every day is the first 15 minutes of the day. Today I walked in a minute or two late because I was rushing around on my last day, I walk in to the class... "Surprise!!!! Good luck!" My teammates had made a banner, 2 cakes (they laughed because they knew I wouldn't eat it, but the kids enjoyed it), and all the kids had previously made Good luck cards for me (with some of the cutest drawings of bicycles! I even saw some M-dots and attempts M-dot logos!) I'll tell you what, the butterflies haven't fluttered anywhere as close to the way they did this morning. It was really something. Teaching has it's down moments, but the up moments completely outweigh the down times.

We leave tomorrow morning. We have a house rented that will be joining two Ironman hopeful families (myself, my husband, and one of my best friends). We have family and friends staying with us, we'll be surrounded by love, and I want to relish EVERY moment of the next few days. I know it's going to go by too fast (except for the miles on the marathon, I'm sure those are going to drag on and on.)

Race day forecast is currently 76 degrees and sunny. Wow. How awesome is that!?

www.ironman.com #2275

It's time. I still feel like I need to pinch myself.
Here's to reaching your dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

GOOD LUCK!!

Race safe, remember that you *will* have down moments out there and try your best to push through them, and make sure you LOOK UP and soak in all of the wonderfulness out there.

And most importantly...remind yourself why it is you decided to do this all day long. Hold onto that reason (reasons?) and it will get you to the finish line.

YOU ARE GOING TO BE AN IRONMAN!!

Andra Sue said...

Much luck to you! I know you'll do great. :)

Mike said...

Good Luck !!!

Have a great race :)

SM said...

Good luck and enjoy the experience!

Anonymous said...

Wow I am soooo excited for you, you made me get goosebumps - I can't wait until I do mine now - bugger about all the training I have to do first!! good luck!!!!

Tea said...

GO LORI!!

GREAT SWIM! KEEP IT UP! You tore up that swim...woo hoo!

Tea said...

Excellent job on the bike!!

I canNOT wait to see you finish.

Tea said...

Ok! I saw Greg finish! WOO HOO!!!!

come on girlfriend, you GOT THIS!

Tea said...

CONGRATULATONS!!! I SAW YOU CROSS THE FINISH LINE!!!

YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!!!


btw---Mike says that you're not living up to the TriTurtl name and you need to change it to TriRabbit.

just sayin....

Anonymous said...

Just saw your cross the line - Congratulations on an amazing day! Can't wait for the full report :)

Mile High Multisport said...

Congratulations Lori and Greg

B Bop said...

Well done!!!!! Big Congrats to you!

The Original MAJ said...

You DID IT sister! Big hugs!

SM said...

YOUR AN IRONMAN!!!!! Awesome job!!! Congrats