Monday, October 1, 2007

Lots O' Stuff

I'm panicking because I worry that I'm not doing enough. Blogs are so awesome. Someone reminded me to trust my training and not try to overdue it. Point taken. Talked to my coach tonight to express those concerns, and he validated the need to workout midweek, but with monster weekend workouts, I don't need to kill myself midweek. Apparently I'm on the right track.

Unfortunately I didn't get the full monster bike in this past weekend. My lovely husband had the last minute idea to go up to Glenwood Springs for the weekend. (If you're not from Colorado and ever come out to visit, it's a beautiful area, with a 14 mile canyon with bike trail through it, and the world's largest hot springs. You gotta go there!) Anyways, Glenwood was awesome. It was windy and rainy Saturday and we didn't embark on our run until later in the evening, so both my husband and I had the privilege of running in some rough conditions, but that was cool. We're training for an Ironman, and every workout like that gets put in the bank of non-easy Ironman workouts, and those are the kind that help out my confidence issues. I did 10 miles in just over 2 hours. Pretty typical for me, but it was cool because somehow I found myself at 7 miles without even realizing it. At that point, three miles? Pfffp. Cake.

Unfortunately, the five hour bike ride the following day didn't go so well. Both my husband AND I, in our haste to leave town, packed everything except our bike shoes. I still managed 51 miles in tennis shoes on SPD pedals. Not the most comfortable, and anymore might have caused some injuries, but it was a beautiful ride despite the uncomfortableness.

We followed all that up with a 1000 meters in the hot springs--and that water tastes nasty!!! More good Ironman training for when I try to swim in the yucky tasting salt water!

Did I mention how wonderful my husband is? I have a later post completely being written in my head right now about how wonderful it has been to train with my husband. We don't really train together, but we always come back together after our training. It's been one of the best things ever for our marriage.

And last but not least, I mentioned in my last post that I see this guy training rain or shine every morning on my way to work. I'm dying to know what he's training for. Last week, the local newspaper highlighted a guy that has been trying to get in the lottery for the Kona Ironman for 15 years. He finally made it in! And I looked at him the other morning, and then looked at the article... And I'm not positive, but I think it's that guy. Go figure... I'm dying to know what he's training for... And it turns out he's training for Kona. Very cool.

Have a great week! Living the dream. :)

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

Love those runs where they just happen! And congrats on having a wonderful hubby...D won't train with me, but he's super supportive and that means a ton!

Duane said...

Not much longer till we see you become an Ironman! And that water does taste nasty!