Monday, November 5, 2007

I AM AN IRONMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

15:09!
I'm finally home and pinching myself to make sure that I didn't just dream the past week.


Do I ever want to do an Ironman again????? No. But not for the reasons you might think. I had such an amazing experience, I just know that the second time around couldn't come anywhere close to having the magic that this one did, and that scares me... because I think Wisconsin would be pretty darn cool. We had so many family and friends supporting us both in person and afar. (I just don't think I could get that kind of support again!) The weather couldn't have been more perfect! 77 degrees and sunny, only a slight breeze the second half of the bike. I did the marathon. How on earth did my feet do that? I'm still in disbelief! It was such an amazing day.


I don't want to go into all the specifics right now. I've been exhausted physically and emotionally ever since I crossed that finish line. Once I got out of the water I just knew I was going to finish. All day long I told everyone I saw, "Today is the day I'm going to be an Ironman!" Some cheered me, some ignored me. I think my cheeks hurt from smiling nearly as much as my legs hurt, okay, maybe not that much. But I never had a moment in the race where I doubted whether I would make it. I was trained for everything I faced. It was the most amazing day and experience. Full race report forthcoming.

10 comments:

Duane said...

I am so happy for you! Don't keep us waiting too long Ironman! Yay!

Mike said...

Well done!!!!!!
That's just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No pressure but hurry up with the race report :) ... we all want to know the details! :) haha

Andra Sue said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

The Original MAJ said...

You do nothing but whatever it is you need to do. I am so, so SO excited for you.

And I completely understand what you mean about the next one not having as much magic as the first. It makes perfect sense.

Have a fantastic week, IronL!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Can't wait to hear the whole story! Bask in the glory girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

I had been poking around your website for quite sometime, good work finishing the IM. I will be doing my first IM in lake placid July 08

SM said...

What an amazing accomplishment that will stay with you forever! Great Job!!!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Ahhh,give it a week. You might find the itch to do just one more.

RunToTheFinish said...

I am so in awe of you right now! What an achievement!