Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Strangers and not strangers

1) I have a class of 6th graders that changes electives every 9 weeks. Yesterday was my first day with them. They are now gone until Monday to attend 6th grade Outdoor Ed. I will see the kids Monday and Tuesday of next week, and then I will be leaving them for a few days to accomplish this crazy dream. I apologized to the kids for leaving them when they get back. (We will have had only had four days together and then they have a sub for a week.) I explained why they'll have a sub, and what it was that I'll be doing and couldn't help but mention how scared I was.

Today, one of those students told me that she talked to her dad last night. He hopes to someday run in the Boston Marathon. He wanted his daughter to tell me that their family believes in me.... I got teary-eyed on the spot.

2) I have family and friends coming to Florida. We gave our parents the plane tickets because it means so much to us that they be there, but they still had to take the time out of their busy schedules. We have other friends that just decided to come and support us. We didn't bribe them or anything. Wow. Ironman was supposed to be a test and proof of what our bodies can do... I had no idea it would offer proof that we are blessed with a great family and some of the best friends in the world.

1 comment:

B Bop said...

There are cyber-strangers that believe in you and your husband also :-)