Sunday, June 24, 2007

Week Summary 6/18/07

Wow. This was a big week. My body is tired...

Swim - 3.7 miles
Bike 105.87 miles
Run - 17.7 miles
Hours - 15 hours, 50 minutes

Random thoughts that I've had this week:
- I need to write a letter to my grandma. I think her crocheted handkerchiefs give me good luck when I bike with them.
- This really is a part time job, especially when you add to that 15 hours all of the time driving, getting gear together, etc.
- Good nutrition? What exactly does it look like? Because I'm getting to a point that I really need to start focusing on it. No junk food!
- Good nutrition is expensive!
- Triathlon nutrition is expensive! Recovery drinks + power bars + Gu = $$$$
- Will Greg let me finally schedule my bike fitting? My birthday is only two weeks away now. (He did!)
- Hmmm... Upcoming dogsitting money could buy me a Garmin... ???? 301 or 305??? Dare I?
- Long runs.... It's officially time to start sitting in cold baths afterwards...
- PB & J sound really good on my long rides... Not really feasible to take with me though. Need to talk to Kirk about meals and long rides. Need to talk to Kirk and Gina anyways...
- Did Greg ever pay Kirk for the aerobars?????
- Amy...
- Double the distance of everything I did this week, and do it all on one day. Will I be faster? Doubtful. When I do the math I see that if I don't improve my speed, I'm not going to finish the race in time... Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I've had some people reference the fact that I can't get pregnant doing this... How are those comments affecting me mentally?
- Holy Smokes it sure is hot out...

There's more, but I'll end there. Right now I need to do the last of my sit-ups so I can truly enjoy the next 24 hours of doing nothing but resting my legs...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive workouts, Lori! My $.02:
- look into getting Perpetum (http://www.hammernutrition.com/za/HNT?PAGE=PRODUCT&PROD.ID=4047&uir=ad.prodmain,2209,Perpetuem) or Carbo Pro (http://www.tri-sports.com/capucoca.html) for your nutrition and caloric needs.
- I am your triathlon friend. You can always call me up to go for a ride or a swim.
- Instead of the Garmin, go with the Suunto t6 and get the multisport pack. It has a GPS pod, bike pod and running pod. My t6 is the best!
- How do you like the aerobars?
- Get your butt up early and run or bike before the heat comes...however, it might be hot in FL when you do the race so some heat training might be good for you.
- Heep up the GREAT work!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Hi!! I'm a fan of Uncrustables -- they're these fun little sealed up little pb&j sandwiches you keep in your freezer. I'm going to bring a couple this weekend for the race and I'll let you know how they go.

And, I love Perpetuem (although the taste isn't fab) and Heed for fuel, since we're talking nosh.

I'll let you know all about Sunday and whether there's any - er - wardrobe malfunctions! ;)

FunFitandHappy said...

I'm with im able: uncrustables and perpetuem are my favorites.

Looks like your training's going well! I'm surprised at how many training hours you're putting in this early in the season for IM Fla. Mine are around 10-12 hours right now....