Friday, June 15, 2007

Irish Snug runners club!

Now this was a real find! Some coworkers talked me into attending this fun little event last night. This was right up my ally! Apparently, this pub has been hosting this event every Thursday since May. They have over 100 runners each week. You sign in, run an informal (not timed) 5K. When you return, the bar has a table set up with free salad, spaghetti and bread for all the runners. They had discounted beer sales which is definitely where they make their money (that and the free word of mouth advertising doesn't hurt their cause either.)

I couldn't believe it was all free! What fun! The people all seemed like great people, too. It made me miss a couple of my friends that don't live in Colorado. My now Iowa-living girlfriend Amy would have been all about it. I think my friend Allyson in Michigan probably would have enjoyed this crowd, also. I met a girl that moved out here from South Carolina last year. We talked for a long time. I'm hoping I see her again. You can never have enough friends that enjoy this sort of thing!

What I hope this summer offers:
1) Get in the shape of my life
2) Find more fun events like this
3) Make another great friend or two

No comments: