Friday, June 22, 2007

GET GOING!

A year from now you will wish you had started today.
- Karen Lamb

I have no clue who Karen Lamb is, but I saw her quote on someone else's blog.
I already wish that I had started my training last November. I instead waited until January and then got taken out of the game for a few months with pneumonia... But I'm happy to say that I'm playing all four quarters now!
I know a certain friend of mine that's doing an event equivalent to ironman that very well might be uttering these thoughts even more so if she doesn't crank up her training soon.
And strangely, I have another friend that may not get this quote. The friend that can't comprehend how you train for something as simple as running--yet she keeps asking to tag along on my sometimes two hour long slow runs...????

4 Months... 10 days... 14 hours... 36 minutes.... until the day reckoning...
And trust me, not a day goes by that I don't think about it 500 times...

No comments: