Sunday, June 3, 2007

Longest day yet, and summary

My body is tired... I just finished my first real (no sicknesses or injuries! yahoo!) three week set of building workouts, and I'm going into a recovery step back week. I'm so excited. When I saw those workouts a few weeks ago I about fell over. But I did it! I did my longest run this season yesterday at an hour and forty-five minutes. I did my longest bike this season this afternoon at three hours. I did my longest swim this season at 2400 yards and I did that the day before yesterday and another 2450 again today! Whoo!

While my body is completely exhausted, today was a milestone day. In addition to hitting the hardest workouts yet this season... I also pedaled through the tunnel exiting Chatfield State Park onto the C-470 trail. I walked my bike through it on the way out, and with a crazy amount of self-talk on the way back, I did NOT get off my bike, and I rode through the lake size puddle that exists mid-dark tunnel. It wouldn't be so bad, but the cement in the tunnel, in the puddle to be particular, is uneven... Only you can't really see it because it's dark, and it's covered in water. It completely freaks me out... But I did it! I wasn't overcome with a big sigh of relief, I worked myself up too much, but I did tell myself that if I could ride through the tunnel on the way back without stopping, I needed to force myself to ride up one of the curbs by our house... And... I did that too! It was a good day on the bike! Not to mention how tired my legs were, but my butt didn't go numb on me today! I'm telling you, it was a banner day for bike riding! (Less the sunburn and biker shorts, gloves, and jersey tan lines that showed up later in the evening...)

Another Milestone during my long swim tonight. I was so tired... Did I mention how tired my body was? I was doing the easy swimming that is called for my warmup, and I was just an endless complaining and whining mess. My coach wanted me to do some sets of 200 easy, and 200 fast. How on earth could I swim a straight 200 fast in this condition??? But... Lo and behold, I got to my first fast 200 set, and while "fast" is a relative term, I did push it hard the entire 200. I was proud of myself. Then I went on to the easy 200 that followed it, and you know what? It really was easy!!!!!! Huh! AND... I did the 2450 in seven minutes less than I did the 2400 two days ago! How on earth does that happen when my body is this tired? No clue, but it was a good workout day... Now, where's my pillow?

Week stats:
Swim: 2.75 miles (I missed a key swim mid week and I just couldn't fit it in the last two days of school. There was just too much going on.)
Bike: 65.65 miles
Run: 20.5 miles

No comments: