Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ironman is Everything. Ironman is Nothing.

Okay, as unbelievable as this may be... I've been nursing a cold all week. The occasional headache, but moreover, completely annoying, constant nose dripping, nose-blowing crap! Seriously, I think if you weighed the amount of crap that has come out of my nose this week it might weigh the equivalent of a yellow Mack truck!

So why and how the heck can I be sick again? Huh, it HAS to be stress. I'm definitely stressing myself out. I'm worried that I won't be able to do Ironman. I'm worried that I won't even be able to race this summer. The Memorial Day Bolder Boulder 10K is a huge tradition in our family. Will I really have to be content in walking half of it??? C'Mon! Then there is work. Work wouldn't be that bad, but my second year teaching partner, also a student at Columbine, April 20, 1999, is stressing and so completely emotional this week that she's pulling me in on stuff that really isn't that big a deal. I feel for her, but I know how to confront my coworkers. Please don't run to the principal and tell her that I, in addition to you, have a problem. Please don't make me stressed out when you don't have your ducks in a row as we ready ourselves for all of the end of year art shows. I love you, but I've done this before and I wish you'd actually watch and try to learn from me--especially if you're the "department head." (Ooh sorry, letting off a little tension there...)

Okay Self, it's time to put things in perspective. Have goals, but live and appreciate life in the here and now. And QUIT ALL THIS STRESSING!

Saw this article today about Ironman. It explains the trials and tribulations of doing an Ironman. Wow. Then it ends on quite a different note. Ironman is everything. Ironman is nothing.

No comments: