Sunday, April 15, 2007

New gear!

I had a little thing I did while in college when I'd get down and depressed... Now don't judge me on this, it was always when I wasn't dating!!! (C'mon! You can't tell me you didn't get depressed during your dry spells either?) Anyways, when I was really down, I'd go to the mall and treat myself to some new underwear. Nothing overtly sexy, it wasn't like that! Just something that made me feel good about myself and didn't cost too much.

Well those days have been gone for a long time. I'm happily married, with a beautiful home... So yesterday, I got the bug again. I've been feeling pretty down. No, I didn't go buy myself any new underwear (guess I still could... Ah hum. I digress.) I'm all excited about my triathlons--yet I can't seem to train for my big triathlon as long as my coach tells me to chill and heal the ribs...
So I bought myself some tri gear. Yep, can't use any of it right now... But I bought some tri gear. But I didn't just openly splurge. I did some super bargain shopping! I got the bathing suit for $29.99! (I REFUSE to spend more than $35 on a suit. If you play your cards right, stock up during the off-season, go no-name discount athletic store, it IS possible to find these bad boys for a price other than $60-$75! Especially at the rate that I go through them--one every 2-3 months (the chlorine just east them to shreds when you swim 3X a week.) Ha! I found one! I also picked up some new goggles on sale. And... The best yet! I had a coupon for 50% off one item at Bicycle Village. I thought it had expired but I found it while cleaning the kitchen and I had one day left to use it!!! Greg teased me. We both needed tires for our bikes. They didn't carry his size. "Did you buy the most expensive ones they had?" Sure did!!!!



Did they make me feel better? Yep!



Now if only I could use them...
No weekly training summary this week. I took several days completely off. Let's hope that I'll be bragging about my new suit or tires very soon. I can't take too much more of this sitting around stuff.

No comments: