Friday, April 13, 2007

Here's one for the hubby

I don't have too much to write about. I went to the chiropractor. He wanted me to come back. He was surprised I wasn't any better... Told me to lay low, no exercising, and come back again... Ugh... My coach told me to listen to him. I've done nothing the last three days. My back is still hurting... Let me see, why didn't I want to go to the chiropractor? Because I worried that they didn't really do anything and it would be expensive??? Hmmmm... Okay... Why didn't I go to the doctor's office? Because I worried they'd tell me something bad and tell me they couldn't do anything and not to do anything... I'm just not having any luck here.

Greg encouraged me to write something. I'm struggling because missing four weeks of training to pneumonia is bad... Missing another four weeks due to back and rib and muscle problems... All in March and April--peak season to build up for the summer!!!!! I'm not in a good place these days...

Ahhh... But Greg is.... He said I should live vicariously through his training. But it's kind of like having two tickets to the sold out only U.S. venue this year, U2 concert... You can't find a date, so your hot best friend tells you to live vicariously through his dating experiences. It just doesn't work that way. But none the less.. Here are some of my favorite comments from Greg's training log this week:

Monday: This is the type of run that makes people fall in love w/ running. I feel great, I'm energized and feeling very social. This is something that I didn't feel when I was not working out as much. It is very interesting and I'm sure that the exercise has something to do w/ my change in mood and personality. I know I've been slowly coming out of my pseudo, crappy, depression state and more consistent exercise is the hugest factor of that I'm sure? I'm not sure why and I could write for a few hours on this topic but I'm going to quit there.

Tuesday: WIND IS THE ENEMY OF ALL THAT IS GOOD ABOUT BIKING, IT NEEDS TO BE UNINVENTED, TO BE COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DESTROYED! Serious, This would have been a great day for a ride, a little chilli perhaps but the stinking wind made is scary and demoralizing. I Constantly felt as thought I was going to be blown into the street and could not get up to nor maintain any sort of speed. Not to mention I was freezing because the wind temp had to be below 30. Usually the sun can warm up any Colorado Day but I was cold the entire ride despite my long underware underneathe my leggings and arm warmers and a jacket on top of it all. My fingers should have fallen off! Anyway, I guess I can think of it as good prep. if there is wind at the Iron Man but please Lord let it be a cool day!!!

Friday: (He told me he was feeling like a rock star today. Light workouts all week gave him tons of extra energy today.) Look at me go, I was so into the normal routine (and secretly pleased at my self for pushing the Fartleks hard) that I did an extra 200 [25 x 8] kick before the cool down! Once again it was snowing outside so I ran on the track indoors. It's good because it makes it look like I'm faster than I really am. But I didn't wear a HR monitor so I'm probably moving faster than I should be.

Keep up the good work honey. I look on wishfully...

No comments: