Monday, March 31, 2008

Random Thoughts

Random Thought #1 - I remember doing one of my last long training rides before Ironman last fall. It was cold and windy, and I did NOT want to be out there, but I had to. I remember seeing other people and thinking "I have to be out here riding right now. Why are you out here?"
I'm now reading blogs of people that are preparing for Ironman Arizona and some preparing for IMCDA. hee hee... I read about one person doing a 6 hour ride on her trainer last week... hee hee. And lots of other people complaining about riding in the cold right now.

While feeling like a fat pig isn't the most pleasant feeling... Being inside and warm and only riding my bike when I feel like it... I'm eating that up... (I'm kind of hoping that next Spring I'll have to be out there training, but I'm going to enjoy this year!)

Random Thought #2 - The same can be said for the initial cold shock you feel when you first get in the pool.... Not if I don't have to right now!

Random Thought #3 - I saw the best bumper sticker the other day... Might just be Colorado humor, but it was funny!
"Cheney skis in jeans."

Random Thought #4 - Because I won't have my other job this summer (y'know, the 2o hour a week Ironman training) I've been entertaining the notion of getting a part time job this summer. We were in Home Depot on Saturday and I saw a sign that said they were hiring part-time seasonal help. That sounded perfect!!!! Then I found out that Home Depot doesn't give an employee discount. Huh? Really? Well that just shot that idea.

1 comment:

Tea said...

LOL
I'm so jealous!


(and the bumper sticker is funny too)