Saturday, March 8, 2008

The latest drama is now over.

I've continually thought that I was no longer in the running to be a contestant for season 2 on American Gladiators... And just about the time a week goes by... When I decide to blow the diet... Yeah, they call or email. It has been nuts. At least once a week, sometimes more I hear from them... Last weekend was the mother of all panic attacks when I decided to blow the diet... And then checked my spam box and discovered an email notifying me that they still hadn't made any decisions yet. All the while kicking myself for eating the chocolate chip cookies earlier that morning.

Last Sunday I got the email with 40 pages of legal documents that I needed to look over, flag, and highlight. Boy! Let me tell you! I will never watch reality television the same again! They leave no stone unturned when it comes to possible things I might come back and sue them on. It had everything from understanding that I might be hurt, injured, or even die! (okay, that's nothing new. I sign those everytime I ski or do a tri.) To me acknowledging that I would be athletically disadvantaged to people that could knowingly be on steroids... But I would have to positively drug test that I am not. Then there were the confidentiality agreements... And of course the misrepresentation clauses that scared me the most... Put simply, when you choose to be on a reality television show, you have NO rights. Pretty scary stuff when you're putting it all out there.

I received the legal stuff on Sunday, they were notifying people on Tuesday, and people were to report (packed for two months) to Los Angeles on Thursday.

Needless to say, I'm SOOO relieved because they didn't call on Tuesday. How I could pack for two months in two days is one thing... Writing sub plans for two months... ha ha ha... That's a total joke!

Things all work out for the best, don't they? Sure I would have liked the shot at $100K in a realm that looked like a whole lot of fun, but overall, I'm extremely relieved I didn't have to sign the 40 pages of legal documents that scared me to death. I'm actually really glad that I don't have to be on national television with the potential to look and act like a total idiot.

If nothing else, all this got me off the couch and back into the gym with a vengeance. I start a really good half marathon training plan next week. I've got a really nice base going into it. And if I stick with the weightlifting, I'm gonna have some nice arms come tank top season!

I think the best thing of all is that I was drifting into a serious post-ironman depression this winter... I'm still not pregnant, I had no big events going on, typical winter-time depression... I'm happy to say that I just had an exciting roller coaster of a month and a half that completely got me out of my funk!

And now spring is knocking on the window! Strangely, I was so happy to be done with long weekend bike rides and runs after my ironman... But I'm just dying for the weather to break so I can get back out there again. Life is good.

No comments: