Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Congrats dad!

Spent the day on and off the computer all day Sunday as I tracked the father of two of my students. He completed Ironman Arizona!!! Apparently the mom and kids didn't attend because it was too expensive. I made the kids PROMISE me that they would make huge banner for dad when he got home. I sure hope they understand what their dad did. I could tell that they didn't really comprehend it when I talked to the kids last week. I talked to one of the kids yesterday and he said that his dad was crying when they talked to him Sunday night. Pretty powerful stuff. I hope they get it now.

Not much else going on in post-ironman life here. Keep up that training Tea!!!

2 comments:

Tea said...

OH! It's so great that you told them to make the banner!

I got teary-eyed thinking about it.

Thanks for the support! 66 days and counting.

Tea said...

btw--what were your bike training speeds? It's so frustrating being out there (in the wind) and not being able to go fast.

I did the 470 trail (from Kiowa then I cut over in parker), and I couldn't break 11mph! The winds were 35mph (consistently not gusts).

I keep telling myself, just stick with it...the weather will get better.