Thursday, May 3, 2007

Wouldn't see this in Michigan!

So I'm feeling pretty good the last few days... YAHOO!!!! My coach has me trying to run next week, so I decided try it today. I figured I could walk if need be, but I didn't need to! There is a cool trail system just down the road from my school. It's great because it's all single track stuff that makes you feel like you're miles from the big city... The trails are closed until April 1 so the elk and other wildlife have a safe preserve during the winter. I've been two other times since April 1. The first time was good, but I coughed a lot. The second time I didn't fare as well and walked most of it. I did find a piece of petrified wood that day! How cool is that? I felt kind of guilty taking it, but I figured it wasn't a state or national park--it's open space... So it's cool as long as treasure it and don't throw it in the trash.

Today was the best yet. I jogged!!! I did a mile no problem (albeit, a 12 minute mile, but hey, that's normal for me.) I played around at the top of the lookout for a couple of minutes and then jogged back. I think I could have run more, but I definitely didn't want to push it too soon. I was so excited--maybe this Ironman thing WILL happen!

Here's what I didn't expect--a handwritten sign taped to the entrance:

"4/3/07 Rattlesnake on the Watering Hole Loop Trail 2:45 p.m."

I took a picture of it with my camera phone thinking it would be a cool thing to post on my blog. My mom might get a kick out that... But wouldn't you know it, I haven't a clue how to upload the pictures from my phone to the computer. This will have to do for now...

And mom, if you're reading this, I didn't run the watering hole loop, I opted for a different trail... XO






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, if you do see a rattlesnake on your run, just think of it as extra training. See a rattlesnake= run faster!

Anonymous said...

See Rattle Snake = Run faster.
See Bear = get in jeep drive a hundred plus miles in the dark on a four wheel drive trail, with known 1000 plus feet of drop off on one side, after midnight!