Friday, May 18, 2007

Gotta love having a personal coach!

So my coach has all my workouts written out for the next four weeks. On Saturday, May 26, I have to run an hour and twenty-five minutes. I also have to do a handful of exercises to strengthen my core. On Sunday, I have to bike two and half hours and swim a mile. Mondays are the day to rest my body. On Tuesday I start the week all over again.

Here's the problem: The Memorial Day Bolder Boulder 10K is on Monday the 28th. I can't miss running into that stadium filled with people! The skydivers! The jets flying overhead! It's tradition and now my sixth year running it!

So I'm commenting to my husband that I wasn't sure if I should switch my Wednesday run over to Monday or my Saturday run. He reminds me that I'm paying a coach to make those decisions for me. So I ask my coach how I can fit the 10K in there, and he politely, but admittedly laughing, throws it in on Monday, but takes nothing else out!!!! And he tells me to enjoy it, have fun--and to definitely, definitely not race it! Not that I'd race it anyway when you consider I haven't run more than three miles in several months! Like I'm going to go out and suddenly race 6.2! Ha! But I think he made sure to guarentee that I wouldn't race it... Lucky me.

On a side note--schools almost out, the kids are going wild and I swear it's just like the week before Christmas around there! Not only are the kids hog wild--there are sweets everywhere I looked this week! Glad I'm finally working out, because I think I would have otherwise gained five pounds this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the Bolder Boulder and run some of that 10k for me!