Monday, May 28, 2007

Weekend summary

Well, my workouts have definitely jumped up this week. We figured it out and as of next week, Greg and I are almost on par with each other in workout length. That just doesn't seem fair when you consider I took over two months off... It was never more evident than on our bike ride Sunday when he went up the hills like nothing. Now granted, he does this anyway, but when I'm wheezing for breath and he's lollygagging around at the top of a hill, it really drives home the fact that he's two months ahead of me in my training!

Strange feeling occurred this week, too. I'm really hoping the novelty doesn't wear off: I did an hour and a half run on Saturday. Yeah, it kind of hurt... I did the 2 1/2 hour bike ride on Sunday... Yeah, at an hour and forty-five minutes, my butt started to hurt! But... Here's the good stuff! When it hurts, I smile! When it hurts, I know I'm really doing it! I'm really training for Ironman. If it didn't hurt, it wouldn't feel like Ironman training! And it makes me sooooo happy to think I might actually do this!

I have been nervous and worrying all week about doing the Bolder Boulder on my rest day after a tough weekend. Not to mention running on my rest day and going into an even bigger week. My swims will be jumping up to 24oo and 2200 yards next weekend. That's a big jump for me, especially when done on the same day as a 3 hour bike ride... But when I told one of my girlfriends that used to coach swimming, she brought me down and reminded me that to a swimmer, that distance is nothing... Huh. She's actually right, eventually some portion of that could end up being just my warmup. Whew! Can't wait for that! Onward and upward. We're doing it!

5.27.07 Week stats:

5150 yards - swimming
59.07 miles - biking
13.3 miles - running
1.53 miles - walking

No comments: