Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Updated

Wow! What a crazy two busy two weeks. I don't know how it got so crazy, but it did! Lots of activities at school: two art show nights, a track meet, and I really enjoyed going over to our high school last weekend to help out as the high school coaches and girls gave a small volleyball camp to our middle school girls. It made me realize that I really do love volleyball, I just wish I were more talented at it. More talent=more practice, but I just don't see much volleyball happening until after my IM race. I can live with that.

IM training has picked up again. I'm such a happy camper!!!! I tried swimming this week and I was able to do it with little to no pain. I'm now running again, too! My coach has my workouts written out for the next month and the game is back on! It's a little scary to see how my long weekend bike rides go from and hour and a half this past weekend, and build a half hour every week for the next three weeks. I'll also be up to an hour and 45 minute run on the weekends in three weeks. That's a lot to jump up to in three weeks. We figured it out and my workouts will be very similar to Greg's in a three weeks--and he's been building slowly over the last three months...

Initially I had planned to do a half-Ironman in August. I went to sign up because it's almost sold out and Greg reminded to me check with my coach. Most training plans for a half Ironman are 18 weeks long. I only have 13 weeks until the half Ironman. Surprisingly, my coach told me to do it. I volunteered at this particular race two years ago. It's the 5430 Long Course on August 12 in Boulder. I wanted to do it last year, but my bike crash took me out of the training needed to do a race of that size. I'm pretty excited to think I'll actually do it this year. I'm actually signed up this year!!!!! Wow! I was a little disappointed that Greg didn't sign up to do it with me, but hopefully he'll be there to cheer me on. It's a well run race.
Okay, I'll wrap up here with my stats from last week. I actually have some stats! They're not huge, but it's a start!

Swim - 600 yards
Bike - 44.38 miles
Run - approx. 5 miles
Walk - approx. 5 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back to almost 100%. Keep it up!