Sunday, February 3, 2008

Not quite a race report

If you have a blog, you fully understand that your brain is always on blog alert... "Hey, that would be fun to blog about." So I had today's post all set to go in my head. I kept the title that I intended, because I fully intended to write a race report type blog of my experience standing in line for the American Gladiator tryouts...
Here we are at 8:15 in the morning.

This is the line that we were waiting in for the next four hours. It moved about 10 feet every 15 minutes. We stood in that line until almost noon.

At noon, we finally made it into the building. We stood in that line for almost two hours. It weaved up a set of stairs and down a hallway that wasn't actually that long.Then we stood in line for over 3 hours on the track above all the action down below.

And then came the fun part. The try-outs!


I fully intended to talk about things like the people in line... Because you kind of get to know the people around you when you stand in line with them for almost ten hours. Although half the people that started in line with us, never stuck it out to finish in line with us. There was the girl that flew in from Seattle and did warm-up and stretch routines every hour with the hope that maybe we would actually audition in the next hour. (Ha!) And the boys behind us that drove in from Kansas early that morning, stood in line for 5 hours, and then without actually trying out, decided to drive back to Kansas (Huh? Wha?). I was going to post on how Tim and I left completely pumped on a total high because we had so much fun. Yeah... Just ask me what I did this weekend. I dare ya! (Only to get called out by my husband because he remembers talking to me on the phone at noon when I was still standing in line, and then again at 3 in the afternoon when I was still standing in line and gave in to the idea that one more hour just wasn't going to happen.) But in the end, it really was a lot of fun and very worth standing in line all day.

So yeah... I had planned to do all that fun blog stuff... But now I have something better to blog about...

I GOT THE CALLBACK!!!!!!!! I have an on-camera interview on Tuesday. I probably can't disclose too much more because I've already signed a bunch of legal papers and it sounds like they need me to sign even more... But nonetheless, wish me luck!

5 comments:

Mike said...

WOW! Can I have your autograph now before you become tooooo famous?!? :)

Fantastic! You must be so excited. Good Luck with the callback!

rebecca hallin said...

that is way cool best of luck

Tea said...

THAT ROCKS!! My kids wanted me to go so badly! I am SO excited for you!

SM said...

That is awesome!! Good Luck!!!!!

Tea said...

hey....guess what? You got a shout out from my son JMAN on his blog. http://www.snijhouse.blogspot.com/