Monday, February 11, 2008

My Rant for the Day


Okay... Once again, I'm going to rant on my personal semi-anonymous forum, that often makes me completely regret publicly saying what I think... But I need to vent... And this is my 2 inches of worldwide internet space... So here I go!

Things that are okay to say to a friend that is more athletic than yourself:
1. How do you get "X" body part to look that way? It looks great.
2. How often do you workout? It's obvious that you work hard.
3. I'd really like to get more fit. Would you consider suggesting some workouts, working with me, showing me how you do this, that, or the other?

Comments to ANNOY a person more athletic than yourself:
1. I love the way "X" body part looks on you. I wish I was born with "X" like that.
2. (Even better! follow the above phrase up with:) Do you think swimming and biking help that? Because there's no way I plan to swim or bike, but I'd love my "X" to look like yours.
3. Watch what you eat? C'mon! Like you really need to worry about that.
4. Guess what? I only had McDonald's ONCE last week! Aren't you proud of me!!!?
5. Gosh I sure wish I looked like you. Unfortunately I can't go running with you this Sunday or the next three Sundays because I have to get my nails done and then get a massage. But boy do I wish I could look like you.
6. You worry too much about what you eat and working out. You need to relax. I wish I looked like you.
7. You worked out yesterday. Do you really need to workout today? What's it really matter? Loosen up! I wish I looked like you.


Grrrrrrr..... Some people get it.... Some people don't....

4 comments:

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

The other day I was killing time at our front desk waiting for a meeting to start. A coworker was asking about what my training was like nowadays. I was telling her some of the basics, especially that I'm trying my best to get session in the morning, since evening suck at my pool and it's dark out by the time I get home.

Her response? Gosh, I really would like to get more active, but I just enjoy sleeping in until my alarm in the morning.

To which my response was, "What you don't think I like to sleep in?"

People who aren't willing to commit to their own health have a load of excuses. It's too cold. It's too early. I have too much other work. I don't like to get up that early.

Yeah. Well, you know what? It's just as cold for us. And it's just as early. And I have just as much work as you. And yet -- somehow -- I manage to meet all my obligations AND get to the grocery store for healthy food and out of bed for a workout.

Excuses are lame.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Amen!! I've gotten to the point when my co-workers asked me what I did this past weekend, I usually say, "You wouldn't believe it if I told you."

Tea said...

I know! I hear all the time "Oh, you can eat everything you want...you're so skinny."

ummmm rriiiiiggghhhtttt....as though my 15 hours of training means NOTHING!

(If you have a few minutes, would you email me? I have a couple of ironman questions...if you don't mind answering them.)

Unknown said...

I'm 5'9" totally skinny n weigh60Kg.. little underwieght. but wht the hell..
ppl are always trying to make me eat more, they always supersize me.. :S

n i hate the fact tht htey just wanna get stuff w/out trying.. :@