Friday, July 13, 2007

Hubbardsky Athletic Supporters

You know you have arrived when somebody believes in you enough to offer their sponsorship on your athletic prowess.

On our doorstep today I found a package.


The letter inside the package stated:

"Congratulations!!!!! You have been selected as the HUBBARDUSKY Sports Couple of the year.... Enclosed is a selection of energy and recovery aids assembled by our talented team... By using said items, you agreed to corporate sponsorship and will follow all terms and conditions, comply with corporate quality standards, and maintain proper hygiene.... You also agree to affix the enclosed professional decals on either or both of your bike and helmet at angles appropriate for optimal camera viewing... Our logo is professionally designed and crafted as a stylish addition to your athletic equipment and one you will obviously be proud to display...."

Now I can't tell you how very, VERY excited I am to have received the enclosed nutritional items. There is a post yet to be written on the costs of triathlon, and trying this or that nutritional supplement is a 'must do,' but a 'can't necessarily afford' for something I might not even like! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Hubbardusky corporation for allowing me the chance to try the Powerbar Endurance drink (I'm already a devout follower of the Recovery drink.) I've read the glory of both Clif Shot Bloks and Perpetuem, but have yet to try them!!! I can't tell you how thrilled I was to receive this package today!!!!!!!!!!!!

The corporate sponsorship that my husband and I have to bow down to, sell the name of our first born, and proudly wear?????????




Thanks Hubbardusky's! You're the best!!!!!!

p.s. Do you think you could have put a few more labels on the box for the mailman to see?

4 comments:

Matt and Dani said...

Yeah we were kidding about actually using the stickers. Bet that masking tape could peel the paint right off your helmet, if not your bike. But we thought that we had to make them to carry the joke through. Since our graphic design department consists of a weiner dog, it was the best we could do. And honestly, it never really occurred to me that your mailman (and all the mailpersons along the way) would think you were ordering a bunch of um, you know... I just thought of your faces when you saw them. It was all we could to to take breaks from giggling to rest our abs. We are so happy to be able to contribute (in some small, still sitting on the couch way) to your combined awesomeness. enjoy!

todd said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog today and giving me a little encouragement. It's always nice when you real triathletes stop by to say hi. Congrats on the sponsorship. That's pretty cool.

Tea said...

OMIGAWD! THAT WAS hucking filarious!

I want to be an athletic supporter!

matt said...

Just remember, as CEO, (or am I president, I can never remember) We got you covered!

Matt