Friday, July 20, 2007

Coach Eddie calls

Just got off the phone with my coach. I haven't heard from him much this past month because he's in the process of moving to Kona!!! Nonetheless, he did what a good coach should do. He pumped me up.

He agreed that I've been working pretty solidly building endurance, so he understands my concerns about speed this weekend. His advice was to start each event very comfortably. Half way through each event, if I'm feeling up to it, I should try to go faster, and then even faster if possible, then back it down again when I start the next event.

His motto: No expectations, only aspirations!

I like that. It's not a negative nancy comment, it's realistic, yet it's still positive. Thanks Coach!

2 comments:

Tea said...

I like that quote so much, it's going up on the wall. I'm gonna have to check out coach eddie's link.

Sorry to hear about the death in the family.

Tea said...

please don't make us wait much longer for the report...