Saturday, March 31, 2007

OMG I'm having a baby!

No, not me... but great title, eh? An all time greatest baby shower moment happened today...

One my most favorite gal pals in the world, we'll call her Bina Garry, was having her shower this afternoon. She opens her first present. She holds up the cutest of cute little girly outfits... With tears in her eyes... She proclaims to the room, "Oh my God! I'm having a baby!"

Sometimes those moments of adulthood can grab you by the neck and chokehold you for a few minutes...

We've all had those moments, but I know I'm pretty darn happy to be where I'm at. I work with adolescents and teens. Whoo! Don't send me back there! Heck, I don't even want to revisit my 20's. I think it would be great if we could all look back at our younger days, blush with some embarrassment, have a tear for someone we've loved, stand tall for our accomplishments, know that we've touched a life somewhere, and smile brightly as we look forward to all that the future still holds! (Of course occasional moments of "Who am I? How did I get here?" are completely normal, too!)

1 comment:

Dani said...

I'm so glad I'm finally taking the time to read through your blog! This is a great entry, and hit me close to home. Of course, we have those "Who am I? How did I get here?" moments all the time these days, as we adjust to a whole new life here. But the other thing was, I met a guy last night who said that instead of getting older, he celebrates anniversaries of his 27th birthday, because 27 was the best year for him. He seemed like a normal enough guy, but man wouldn't you just want to cry for someone who thinks the best of his life is in the past?