Saturday, March 10, 2007

Opening Day

When I first heard of blogging a few years ago, I thought to myself, "What type of pompous person thinks the rest of the world really cares to read their daily diary?" I thought it was a stupid idea. Well, time has passed, and as so very common in my life, I'm forced to later eat my words and discover that I was the pompous one all along.

I actually have several friends that started blogs. What I've discovered is that most of them start a blog, and then never actually continue beyond the first 10 posts. It's very possible that I might join them in my eager endeavor. We'll have to see. Nonetheless, it's been an eventful year thus far. I kind of wish I would have started this a while back. One of my very best friends in the world moved to Iowa. I miss you terribly and you know who you are. Two other very good friends moved to Texas. I have a couple friends going through divorces. I started a new job teaching middle school--which has been exhillarating and trying at the same time. I found myself stranded at the the Chicago O'Hare airport for five days while the Denver airport dug itself out of giant snowstorm. And... As a professional first, I lost a 14 yr. old student in my current 1st period class a little over a week ago. I've had a lot to journal about. I've never been one to keep a journal, or a diary for that matter, but you can bet money that I religiously get online every night to log my daily workout. (Definitely some obsessive/compulsive behaviors going on here...)

I usually find myself glancing at my friend's blogs. Nope, they haven't been updated in awhile. Hmm... I have a couple other favorites picked out. I'll glance over and see what other anonymous triathletes are up to. Did I mention I signed up to do and Ironman triathlon?

Yep... Guess that's the real reason I wanted to start up my blog. I fully realize I am one teeny tiny spec in this world and there are very few people that may actually care about my training and who knows what else. That's okay. I know there's lots more fun ahead of me this year--I'll be anxious to look back and see where I was and how I did. Here's to Ironman Florida!!! November 3, 2007!!!!! And whatever else the year has in store...

No comments: