Monday, June 2, 2008

The full story and plan

So the original plan this summer was this...

Hubby would be taking two weeks off. We would drive across the country and visit friends and family along the way. Our ultimate goal was to go to Lake Placid to watch the Ironman race in July. Volunteer. Register for next year.

All the while we're talking about this, we've also been talking about seeking professional help with our baby desires. I've been putting it off and putting it off, but it's probably time for me to break down and try fertility drugs. (We pulled the goalie not quite three and half years ago now.)

So this is really bothering me. Obviously if I get pregnant before July I won't sign up. But if I'm not...??? Can I really pursue both of these options????

We discuss it and it doesn't go well. You know, that whole Men are from Mars Women are from Venus thing. We're just not seeing it the same way... Well, we sort of were. The hubby told me I had to make a choice. Do another Ironman or begin fertility treatments...

I cry...

He doesn't understand why I can't watch him do an Ironman without participating myself. Obviously he's a better person than I, because he said he could it... I can't do that. So I cry some more...

In the end, we found a pretty good compromise. Let's just take a different, really awesome, so amazing, won't be able to do this again for years and years vacation. Without hesitation, he agreed!!!! The decision is now made, plane tickets are purchased. We're going to Italy!!!!!

The sad part is that I won't be seeing my friends in Michigan or Iowa. For that I'm very sad, but hopefully I'll get to see them again soon. Italy... I may never have this chance again.

No comments: