Sunday, April 27, 2008

Finally! A race report!!!!!


I've been training for a half-marathon, sort of... What that means is that I've done some of the workouts, but I've sat on my butt for a fair share of them, too. I just haven't been able to get motivated! I've done some of my speedwork sessions, with the hope that this was the year for speed. Like I said, I did "some" of them...

So I was completely wishy-washy on whether to spend the money to do the Cherry Creek Sneak. In the end, paying the race day registration fee ($5 more!) I ended up doing it. And... I set a PR!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt really, really good running today. Constantly checking myself and wondering if I should try to push a little harder. I do wish I had kicked it in the end a bit more, but we rounded the corner and the finish line was right there. Had I known, I would have kicked it in sooner. I still felt pretty good at the finish line.

Nonetheless, this is what I'm most proud of:

Cherry Creek Sneak 5 mile runs:
2004 - 10:52/mile
2005 - 10:36/mile
2006 - 10:19/mile
2008 - 9:49/mile!!!!!!!!

While to many it's nothing to brag about, it's a Personal Record in my book. And that makes me very happy today! Good race. Great weather. And great swag too! I'm thinking that if I can do under 10 minute miles for today's five mile race, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do sub 10:00 miles at the Bolder Boulder 10K in a month! Here's to another PR soon! (I may actually be motivated to run the next couple of weeks, too!)

4 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

A PR is a PR...Great run and congrats!

matt said...

Way to go lori! That's a great victory.

Hang on a sec... you guys were in Cherry Creek and you didn't call us?!?!

jerk. . .

Tea said...

Congrats! That is an amazing PR!

btw-if you aren't doing anything in 2009, you need to check my site?

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!!! It is called a "personal" race record for a reason, so don't talk it down (not that I can talk - I'm forever comparing myself)

woooohoooo...