Monday, January 28, 2008

Why I won't leave...

Okay mom... Beyond a certain person whose name starts and ends with the letter "G", here's the other reason I'll never move home.

This is Waterton Canyon.
It is 15 minutes from my house. It is a fire road that is only open to foot and bike traffic. It goes back almost 7 miles. More often than not, it is my favorite local place to do my long runs. It's not unheard of for me to have to dodge a bighorn sheep running down the road. (Which by the way, is the reason they don't allow dogs in the canyon. Can't take a dog to my favorite running spot? Another reason not to get the dog. Sad, I know.)

Since I'm not really in shape to do a 10 mile run right now, I grabbed my mountain bike and, well, why the heck not? I grabbed my camera. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Ahhh!!!!!!!!!!! Just what the doctor ordered!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! matt and bella and i went to red rocks that afternoon and hiked around there, and i was thinking the same thing about colorado. i have to disagree that pups are good birth control, in my experience they bring out that nurturing instinct by burrowing their furry little way into your heart. but just like with kids, they can't do everything you like to do, and they have needs so your life does end up changing. but also just like kids, you get an emotional payoff that makes it worth it. that is, as long as you're ready to make the trade :)

Tea said...

I love waterton....just a beautiful run.