Sunday, January 20, 2008

Unsolicited Advice

Here's a little unsolicited advice... Don't sit around and do nothing for two months after an Ironman... Even if you want to give it a break and just see if maybe, just maybe, you can pregnant by sitting around eating bon bons for two months...

Because it doesn't help anything. Except make it harder to work out when you finally feel motivated to work out again.

But I'm being smart. I'm slowly working my way back into it. I biked twice last week, swam twice, and ran twice. I'm working my way up to it. :) My husband wants to start attending a local swim masters class for triathletes. I'm still a little jittery on that one. Maybe another week in the pool will get me up to speed, but I'm working towards it. Same goes for spin classes. I'm getting there!

2 comments:

Mike said...

welcome back! :)

I bet there are some women who wished that was the way to get pregnant! :)

Good luck with finding another bike race

matt said...

Slowly working back?!? "I'm slowly working my way back into it. I biked twice last week, swam twice, and ran twice."

I guess I'm slowly working up to your slow week workout. :)

Um, it's my understanding that you don't get pregnant by sitting on the couch. If you need more information I have a video. . .