Sunday, January 20, 2008

SOLD OUT!!!!


What!!!!? The Triple Bypass sold out on January 11!!!!!? Can you believe that? It's a monumental bike tour over three mountain passes, 120 miles, in one day. I did it three years ago with my Iron pal Amy, and we signed up two weeks prior.


It IS my husband's turn to participate and have me sherpa, so he missed registration last year because it sold out March 3. This year he knew he should sign up soon, but apparently he wanted me to sign up with him. I wanted to give it another month to see what my belly might be doing. I looked yesterday. SOLD OUT! Unbelievable! I can name off five friends that were also interested in doing it this year. It would have been a blast! Has the Evergreen Cycling Club created an event that will soon rival the two hour Ironman sell outs? Wow!


So what now? Is this a sign that we better sign up for the Boulder Peak and 5430 series ASAP? Crazy athletic Coloradoans. I love this state.

2 comments:

matt said...

It's a terrible tragedy! Dani is telling me that I really didn't want to sign up for it. Sadly I didn't even know it was open for registration (yes, I'm the lazy man at working out).

But I'm going to keep training. And watch craigs list!

Tea said...

Hey....I'm doing Elephant Rock if you're interested. I did the 50 last year. This year, I'm in for the century.

It's a GREAT race.