Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall Break 08 --yes, Moab again...

Can't complain here. I spent Spring Break and Fall Break 08' in Moab this year... And a White Rim trip thrown in the middle. Not a bad year...

So... Last weekend... We opened with a simple little tyrolean traverse...
We moved on to a repel down the aptly name "Midieval Chamber."Greg was able to get pictures of me heading in. I got him coming down.
This was all a slow dramatic build up to our simul repel over Morning Glory Arch. Here's a picture of the arch. Yeah... It's at least a 100 feet up!

Now here's a picture of Greg coming down one side and myself the other. Our ropes were tied into one another at the top and we were counter balancing each other as we repelled down... Now that's what I call fun!!!!!!!!


I realize that some people spend good money on marriage building retreats through their church... If ever you're in for a marriage building retreat outside of the church, I highly recommend Desert Highlights Canyoneering in Moab, Utah. I had a ton of fun with my friends Deanne and Linda, as well as friends of friends... But it was also one more occasion that I realized I married an amazing man who couldn't be more perfect for me. Thanks for a great weekend honey!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good lord that looks scary as hell!!!! Good on you guys.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That's awesome! The only thing cooler is getting a tattoo to remind yourselves of the awesome experience you had last year doing IMFL! Great pics, btw!

Spandex King said...

Are you CraZy? Why would you want to do this? I got sweaty hands just looking at the pictures!