Monday, December 22, 2008

The year end review


Happy Holidays to any and all that might possibly be checking in on me!

It was a good year in our house. I sent the obnoxious letter with our photo card this year. It was funny. We didn't really do any triathlons this year, so I assumed I would skip the letter. Then I thought about it some more, and we had a fantastic year! So do you write the letter or not?

When you don't have kids, is it really applicable to send a letter with your Christmas card? I love getting the family letter from the Stucky family back in Michigan every year. They always have some good stories and I love hearing about them. I'm sure my grandma likes to get the letter. My husband wanted to send the letter to everybody. I wasn't so sure. I like getting letters from people. But does everybody else??? Do you sound like you're bragging in those letters?

Well, I sent the letter to most people. If it was a good friend that already knew everything, I skipped the letter. It was basically a condensed blog posting put in one letter anyway. Moab 3X. Italy. Wow. Dogs. :) Oh, and American Gladiators because that was kind of fun and Greg's alligator wrestling. Yep, a good year for us. Greg says we have good stories, so people will enjoy reading about us. I hope that's the way it comes off.

Now what's up for 2009? One of the phys. ed. teachers I work with is proposing a fitness challenge for any and all teachers at our school that our interested. He wanted to keep it a 10 week bodyfat challenge. I was all over it. Several teachers were more into losing pounds, so now he's made two challenges. It's been great because I haven't had any guilt while eating the mounds of chocolate in the teachers lounge this past week. Like half the United States population, I start my diet January 1.

So what to expect from the new year? Well, Greg wants to join me on the body fat challenge. We're going to attempt to follow Bill Phillips Body for Life diet where you eat six small meals a day. I'm debating about a spring half marathon. I'm also toying with the idea of signing up for the 5430 tri series: a sprint in June, Oly tri in July, and long course in August. I've never done the whole series in one year. It would be a great goal. We'll see!

Hopefully your holidays are grand!

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Tea said...

Sounds like a pretty awesome year to me!!

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season, and maybe we'll run into each other next racing season!

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday. I'm with you, I start my diet on Jan 1.

ps. I love getting the family letter!

Anonymous said...

i love the christmas letters! and exciting trips and accomplishments are every bit as interesting as kid news, if not more so. matt thinks they're cheesy, but it makes me feel closer to the friends and family who send them.